Things You Probably Don't Know (About Me)


Hello, lovelies!

I did a Q&A recently, but as I started thinking more, I realized there's a lot of small things that you probably don't know about me. Be they quirks or preferences, a lot of these are things you'd only know if you hung out with me in person for a while. But since that's not realistic via the interwebs, I figured I'd share them here.

* * *

1.) Cinnamon raisin toast is my enemy (and so is pulpy orange juice).


Okay, maybe that's a little harsh (sorry, toast). I've never enjoyed eating anything that's cinnamon raisin, be it a bagel or a piece of bread, but I realized that I absolutely cannot stand the smell of it. I'm extremely sensitive to certain smells, and they're one of those things that can give me a headache instantly. Something about the smell of this type of bread makes me feel sick to my stomach, and I have no idea why. I'm pretty sure I never had any childhood trauma with it, but who knows?

Also, if orange juice has pulp in it, I get really uncomfortable. Supposedly pulp is really good for you, but I value my emotional wellbeing over being the healthiest person in the world. Putting both the toast and the pulpy orange juice together would probably be my worst nightmare of a breakfast, so hopefully that's something I never have to experience.

2.) Bubble baths?


I'm severely allergic to bubble bath, and even certain soaps/lotions. When I was little, I used to spend forever just playing in the bathtub, pretending to be Ariel from the Little Mermaid, and I thought baths were only worthwhile when they had bubbles.

As I got older, I noticed my skin would get extremely irritated if I took a bath with some kind of bubble mixture, and it got so bad that my hands would dry out so badly that they'd bleed. I've been dying to try those Lush bath bombs that everyone loves, but I'm kind of terrified that my body will freak out and spontaneously combust if I do. A friend of mine made me some bath bombs as a Christmas present last year, and I felt awful because I didn't have the heart to tell her that I was allergic to them since she put so much work into making them. So if I ever meet any of you in person, just make sure not to give me bubble bath stuff or I might break out in a rash, which would put a damper on things.

3.) Knuckle cracker


I fully blame my oldest brother for this bad habit. When he started cracking his knuckles, I started to, just because I always was one who wanted to keep up with her big brothers and be just like them. So now it's become more of a bored, sometimes nervous, habit. Unfortunately it's morphed into cracking my wrists, ankles, and sometimes my neck, so . . . oops?

4.) Neigh? Nay!


I am absolutely TERRIFIED of horses. I love most animals, mostly of the fuzzy variety, but horses are the one animal that I actually have a huge fear of. Don't get me wrong, I think they're really graceful and elegant when they run, and I've always liked drawing them when I was little. But the one time I went horseback riding, the guide I was with told my little anxious self that horses can tell if you're nervous, and they'll react accordingly. Of course, I took her word and immediately become 500x more panicked and nearly got bucked off.

Also, I have a lot of friends who ride, and they've told me horror stories about people getting stepped on by a horse and breaking bones in their feet because of it. So, no, I'm not exactly the biggest fan of horses.

5.) Swing things


I've always loved swings. When I was in elementary school, that's where you'd always find me when it was recess. Going as high as I could and then jumping off was my signature move, and my friends and I would always see who could do more tricks on them.

I still love going on swings, and I could spend hours there just lazily drifting back and forth on a nice summer day. Honestly, even if I was in a formal prom dress and heels, I'd still be down to just go sit on the swings for a while and just chill.

* * *

There's probably a lot more things that I could write about, but I think five is a good number for now. (: Hope you enjoyed this post, and I'll be back here with a new one on Friday.

That is all.

Cheers,

Comments

  1. I agree with three of these things.

    I also crack my knuckles out of bored or nervous habit.

    I also am terrified of horses, though for different reasons.

    Swings are lovely. :)

    As for the other two, I don't have trouble with soap and I like cinnamon raisin toast if I make it where the butter melts into it and makes it gooey. It's okay in general, but not something I'd pick to buy and I just don't like raisins that much.

    ~TUC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raisins are definitely the thing I eat first in trail mix just to get them out of the way. (:

      Delete
  2. I too am a fellow knuckle, back, necks and toe cracker. It relieves pressure in my joints.

    Countless people have virtually shouted at me to stop...but it's not a habit I'll be breaking any time soon!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think knuckle cracking was actually physically bad for you, but last I heard it just releases pressure and doesn't do any real harm.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting on this post. I love having conversations with you guys, so please be sure you check back for my reply. That way we can have a chat of epic proportions. (:

(Also, please keep your language clean so everyone can enjoy my blog. Thanks!)

Popular Posts