The Dorm Diaries (#1): Moving Day


Hello, lovelies!

This past Thursday I moved into Calvin College, and I thought I'd give you guys a mini dorm tour. It's been a hectic couple days with orientation, and I don't have a ton of time to put this post together, but hopefully you'll still enjoy it.


So I think Calvin has around six (?) residence halls, and I'm in the Eldersveld one this year. Our hall is connected to the Schultze hall, which has all guys in it, like how our hall has all ladies. I'm on the ground floor, and so the boys in the first floor of Schultze are what's known as our "brother floor" and I've been told we're gonna do some more outings with them to get to know them and they can get to know our floor as well.

Moving day was a little bit hectic, I can't even lie, but it was also so fun to set up our room and make things look super cute. So the way our dorm is set up is that it's suite-style: so me and my roommate's dorm is connected to our suitemates' room via the shared bathroom. Normally suitemates at Calvin have one freshman pair and a sophomore pair, but we both are freshman pairs, which is different but also super cool since they're both awesome.

(RIP to the only time my bed was ever made since being here)
So here's my little corner of our room. I love our setup, and it definitely is a lot more spacious since we chose to put our beds/desks/drawers/bookshelves in the nested formation. We just got some ladders in, so now I'm not climbing all up on my desk to get up to bed every night, which is super nice.


Here's our cute little futon area, which has some cutesy little blankets and pillows and an ottoman nearby for footrest/just general sitting. (And yes, that darker pillow does say "Quidditch").


This is one of my favorite parts of our room, since my roommate has a ton of little house plants, and I definitely spent WAY too much time making them aesthetically pleasing for an Instagram picture, but it was totally worth it.

We also, of course, have some shelves and a closet space, but I figured that would kind of boring to see. I'm probably going to make this into a little series so that I can sort of catalogue big college activities and events that are going on. (Also I think Dorm Diaries is a CUTE name.)

So. That's all I have for you guys today! I hope you're having a great Labor Day if you're in America, and just a lovely day in general if you're not. (: I'm taking today to scope out where my classes are, and also to prep for my first day of classes on Tuesday, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to have a Wednesday post up like usual, but I'll certainly try!

That is all.

Cheers,

Comments

Popular Posts